~ Dog High Jump ~
HIGH JUMP CATEGORIES:
Small Dog - up to 30cm
Medium Dog - 30cm to 55cm
Large Dog - over 55cm
$5.00 entry on Show Day
by no later than 4.15pm
(all proceeds to the Show Society)
Inquiries to Adam Windsor Phone 0428 925 837
~ Cash prizes ~
Proudly Sponsored by
Old Dog Dirt & Diesel
D&L Bleechmore Haulage
AGTEX Pty Ltd Cattle and Sheep Haulage
Boyup Brook Tyre Service
Wilgarna Poll Dorset Stud
Rules & Regulations for Dog High Jump
- This competition is a test of the dog’s jumping ability.
- The competition is open to all dogs.
- The dog is to jump over the wall; however the dog can touch any part of the jump to get over the wall.
- All dogs not jumping must be on a lead, with a handler in the marshalling area away from the jump run area.
- Only one dog may be loose in the competition area at any one time.
- The owner has the right to select the height, above the minimum height, at which the dog will begin jumping in the competition.
- A second handler can be used to catch the dog on the other side of the jump.
- Each dog is allowed three jump attempts at each height if necessary until only one dog remains to provide a winner.
- Any mishandling or misuse of the dog will incur immediate disqualification.
- Run up area and landing area to be flat with a platform land.
- The dogs can be encouraged over the jump by a handler vocally or visually.
- If more than one dog has jumped the final height, a count back on refusals is to be done to find a winner. If all are equal the prize is shared, with each dog declared winners.
- Dogs on showground at all times are to be securely tied or on a lead.
- All entries must be in by 4.15pm on show day, November 7, 2023.
- Dog high jump stewards will measure dogs at the wither (between their front shoulder blades) to determine category entry. The steward’s measurement is final. Entrants may request a remeasurement once only.